- Who is your audience?
We have three primary audiences:
- Spiritual Freethinkers – Those who don’t follow mainstream or conventional religious and spiritual paths. This includes Pagans, Wiccans, Druids, Asatruar’s, Heathens, New Age folks, and others. We promote religious tolerance!
- Various sexual and affectional orientations – LGBTQ+ folks, Polyamorists, etc. We support your right to be who you are and love who you want!
- Various adult and fetish groups – These are represented in “the Underground” our mature audiences area. We support sexual freedom!
- Additionally we support: Social Progressives, Feminists, Men’s Rights advocates, LGBTQ groups in mainstream religions, communities that advocate for the reform of laws persecuting victimless crimes, sex workers and their advocates (mature audiences area), minority communities, and other communities that don’t necessarily fit what is considered mainstream or conventional.
- We don’t support: Hate groups, illegal activities, predatory cults, and similar groups.
- How do I become a site member?
You must be over the age of 18 to become a member. Select the “Create an account” link from the “Log in” box that appears on the bottom right side of our website and follow the instructions to create an account. You may have to verify your e-mail address before you’re able to log into the site the first time. If you have any issues, please contact us so we can resolve the problem.
- What are the benefits of membership?
Currently membership allows for two things:
- Members can post messages and articles to the Alternatives HR site.
- Members can access the Mature Audiences area. This area includes resources, event listings, and articles for adult audiences which might include explicit content.
You must be logged in to see these options.
- I’d like to list an upcoming event on your site? How do I do this?
Use the “Submissions” menu on the right side of our website. You can either “Submit an event” using the online form through this button, or “Contact Us” directly with a message.
- I’d like to list my Alternative group, business, or organization on your site? How do I do this?
Use the “Submissions” menu on the right side of our website. You can either “Submit your group or business” using the online form through this button, or “Contact Us” directly with a message.
- I need to update an existing listing on your website. What do I do?
Use the “Contact Us” button in the right “Submissions” menu. Please be as specific as possible including the name of your business, what category and sub-category it falls under, and what changes need to be made.
- I’d like to advertise on the Alternatives HR website? How do I do this? What are your rates?
To advertise on our website, please “Contact Us” using the button in the right “Submissions” menu. Check our Submission Guidelines and Rate Sheet. Our preferred method of payment is PayPal, but we also accept cash, check, or money order. Checks must clear before the ad is posted.
- I’d like to post a classified or personal ad, make an announcement, find a roommate, sell something, and so on, is there a way to do this on the Alternatives HR website?
Yes you can! Because most people use other popular sites (like Craigslist, online dating sites and apps, etc.) for these things, we’ve opted out of a full Classifieds and Personals section for this site. You can, however, “Post a Message.” When you’re logged in, look for this option on the right “Submissions” menu. A message feed can be found under the “Articles” menu option. Messages must be approved by our staff before they are published. Typically your message will appear within 1-2 business days (if not sooner).
- I’d like to write or volunteer for the Alternatives HR website. How do I get involved?
You can “Contact Us” directly using the button on the “Submissions” menu or to get more involved, please join our Meet-up Group.
All members have the option to submit an article through a button on the “Submissions” menu. You must be logged in to use this option. Articles must be approved by our staff before they are published. Typically your article will appear within 1-2 business days (if not sooner).
- I love your site! How can I help spread the word?
Please tell all your friends, like our Facebook pages, and share our information on social media.